Thursday, November 8, 2007

My Cube

There are so many ways to design a perfect cube. Unfortunately, I had to find out about 8 different ways of how not to before I was able to make my perfect cube. For my final one I used sobo glue to connect the straight edges of my matte board box cut out. The edges were cut straight for once and I actually measured it right down to the flap. I love my box and I think that this process has really helped me in my overall sense of detail.


Below are my drawings of a still life of 3 cubes I made. I used the diagonal hatching technique to show the difference in values.


On this one is used the same 3 cubes in a different still life and the smearing technique. It is kind of hard to see to differences because it is so light but I think it turned out pretty good.

No comments: